Monday, June 13, 2011

S.U.M.M.E.R.

One of the greatest things about being a teacher is SUMMER! I have an extra perk in that Michael is also a teacher too. So, not only do I get to spend EVERY DAY with my precious boys, so does my amazing husband. That has not been the case this summer. Michael has been taking a class at Lee for the past week. He is learning how to teach Algebra…YUCK! Anyways, it has been sweet and sour. While I do love being home with my boys and having all of their attention, I miss Michael being home with us. Michael has 3 more days of class left and I am counting the minutes! I am so ready to start our summer break as a family.



Right now, my summer days typically go something like this:
8:30 am – I hear Miles yelling, “Mommy! My Mommy!” from his room. (P.S. This is
the best way in the world to wake up “ :)
8:30 – 9:30 – Miles and I lay in my bed and watch cartoons and doze.
9:30 – 11:00 – I fix Miles breakfast and then we play. (I promise I have two children…one is just a late sleeper)
11:00 – 11:30 - It is around this time that Matthew either wakes on his own or I
wake him.


After Matthew is awake, we either play or go swimming. My parents
and Michael’s parents both have pools, so we go swimming 3-4 times per week. My
boys are WATER BUGS too! They love the water. Matthew learned to swim without
his floaties at the end of last summer, so he is not tied down at all. Both boys
are not afraid to get their faces wet or go under. They jump in and do all kinds
of tricks. Here are just a few pics.









Shooting the basketball as he is jumping in. Talented :)











My pool time cuties!






















Jumping through the Ring!










We love summer! Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment