Saturday, November 13, 2010

Busy. Busy. Busy.

Let me preface by saying sorry...I know this post is a little late and a little long.

October was a busy month, but it was also a very exciting one for the Rogers household...

1. BIRTHDAYS. Miles' turned two on October 6!

During October we also celebrated Michael's, Mamaw Judy's, Cousin Hannah's, and Uncle Jody's birthdays!

2. COMPLETION. I completed my Master's on October 15! :)

3. FALL BREAK. October 15th also started Fall Break. Since Michael and I are both teachers, this is a very exciting time for us. We really enjoy being off at the same time. We did not want to take a long trip because we have such little time to be home with the boys, but we did ask Matthew what he would like to do over the Break. He said, "I want to go bowling at the Bowling Factory!" That was definitely a request that we could honor. We made a deal with Aunt Nise...if she would watch Miles for a few hours, we would take her girls bowling with us.

Matthew LOVED bowling! He did really well too. On some of his turns he didn't even use the gutter guards.

Hannah had an interesting form...she threw her ball as hard as she could at the gutter guard. It would bounce from guard to guard and 95% of the time the ball hit right in the middle. We have no idea how she did it. We bowled 3 games...I beat Michael 2 out of 3. I think everyone had a great time!


4. PUMPKIN PATCH. We have taken Matthew to the pumpkin patch every year since he was 1. However, this was the first year we have taken Miles. He LOVED it! Matthew wanted Grace to go with us, shocker! :)
.


Matthew and Grace rode the "Cow Train".

Miles did not want to ride, so we just watched.

Everyone enjoyed the hayride.



Everyone picked a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch.


Miles was so excited to have a pumpkin. It just made his day. He talked about his pumpkin for days!

Hurray for the Pumpkin Patch!


5. GRANT. I teach special education at Waterville Community Elementary. My first year at WCES I started a campaign to raise money to fund a Handicapped Accessible Playground. We have done a letter writing fundraiser, many building level fundraisers, and written a variety of grants. For 3 years straight I have written the Healthy Community Initiative Grant through the County Commission and money from the sale of the hospital. I was notified on October 28th that I was awarded my grant! The $23,000 from the HCI grant will allow us to complete out playground project. We are planning to install in February! I will post pictures as soon as I have some.

6. HALLOWEEN.

October was a busy month, but it reminded me how lucky and blessed I am. Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment