Friday, November 5, 2010

2 years ago...

My baby turned 2 on October 6. 2 years ago I was admitted to the hospital on a Monday morning at 12:01 am to be induced. The nurses said, "Since your first baby came so easily, your little man should be here by 8:00 am." Miles had different plans! I was in labor all day. The nurse came in around noon to check on me. She said that the anesthesiologist was in the building and I should go ahead and get my epidural. I was not hurting bad, but I decided to go ahead (just in case)... Epidural #1 did not take. I still was not in pain, so I decided not to try again. Around 4:00 the nurse came in and asked if I was ready to try the epidural again. I was unsure, but my sister told me to try again, in case I needed a C-section. Epidural #2 did not take. A different anesthesiologist came in and tried a third time. Finally, it took! Good thing, because at 6:30, Dr. Child's came in and said that I need a C-section. The cord was caught around some part of Miles' body. Every time I had a contraction, his heart rate was dropping. I was prepped, wheeled into the OR, and within 4 minutes, I gave birth to a "bungee jumper". At least that is what Dr. Child's said, because the cord was wrapped around his feet. :)

I cannot believe it has been 2 years already. He is growing so fast.

He LOVES Veggie Tales, so that was the theme of his birthday party. He was so excited to see Bob and Larry on his cake.


He was also very excited when he opened Buzz and Woody toys!

He is so different from Matthew and doing so many new things. I love every new stage and I know that each day brings some new adventure and experience for my little family. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Miles! Glad you are able to use some of the pictures from our session on your blog!
    www.skeltonphotographyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete